Friday, May 8, 2009

Jorge Lindo: Final Project Self Portraits




All i really want to say about this final project is how miserable it made me feel. Although i came up with a couple of good drawings that i liked a lot, the overall experience was painful. My face is not something i really enjoy drawing not because i don't like it but because i see drawing, painting, or even photographing myself as representing myself and i do not see a single image ever capturing the real me. A draiwng of me smiling or of me frowning cannot really say who i am. A moment in time cannot really explain a human being. I love drawing and painting and photographing other people not because i believe i am capturing their essence but because i believe i am capturing a moment worth remembering. That is why when somebody asks me to take their picture or portrait, most of the time i refuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment